THE NPFL STATS
The NPFL so far…
The NPFL has reached Match day 25, with Kano Pillars leading the table with forty-eight points, two ahead of the second place Akwa United with forty-six points.
According to reports by Akwa Ibom Sports, Adamawa United is the team with the highest defeats in all the twenty teams, managing only three wins in twenty five games.
The completion of twenty-five rounds of matches according to the NPFL stats and Match Report given by the Referees compelled the numbers.
This thus, so far gives the compelling reason to pat the LMC, Referees, all twenty clubs and their supporters as well as all other related stakeholders on the back for doing a great job.
This is the summary of a select group of stats just before the ushering in of match day twenty-six;
1. Matches played: 247
2. Home wins: 153
3. Draws: 67
4. Away wins: 26
5. Total goals scored: 496
6. Home team goals: 351
7. Away team goals: 149
8. Top scorer: Rabiu Ali – 10 (8 penalties).
9. Matches which ended with three or more goals: 90
10. Matches which ended with two or less goals: 156
11. Highest goal scorers: Kwara United (33).
12. Least goal scorers: Adamawa United (12).
13. Highest number of goals conceded: Dakkada (34).
14. Least number of goals conceded: Akwa United (15).
15. Longest unbeaten streak: Akwa United (15 matches).
16. Longest winless streak: Sunshine Stars (18 matches).
17. Highest goal difference: Akwa United, Kwara United (+16 apiece).
18. Least goal difference: Adamawa United (-20)
19. Best home record: Kano Pillars (12 wins, 1 draw in 13 matches).
20. Worst home record: Adamawa United (3 wins, 6 draws, 4 losses in 13 matches).
21. Best away record: Akwa United (3 wins, 7 draws, 3 losses in 13 matches).
22. Worst away record: Katsina United (0 win, 0 draw, 12 losses).
23. Highest away scorers: Akwa United (12).
24. Least away scorers: Adamawa United (1).
25. Highest home scorers: Nasarawa United, Plateau United (25 apiece).
26. Least home scorers: Sunshine Stars, FCIU (9 apiece).
With thirteen more significant rounds of matches to come before the end of the season, it’s more of an expectation rather than hope, that much more drama lies just ahead.
Match day 26 will be played on Wednesday, 09-06-2021 across all centres.