A commercial motorcyclist was electrocuted today the 11th of April 2019 beyond recognition along Otukpo Road in Makurdi Benue State.
According to an eye witness report the motorcyclists was conveying a female passenger and ignored the warning by passerby’s not to ride through the regular road as an electric pole has fallen across the road.
It was gathered that the passenger he was carrying saw the stubbornness of the motorcyclist and discontinued the ride with he.
Also an eyewitness known as Mr. Timothy reportedly said he personally warned him against going through that road which he refused but his passenger saw the danger and quickly jumped off the bike.
However, as the cyclist tried to ride through the damaged wire, a part of his motorcycle touched the naked wire and he was immediately electrocuted and burnt beyond recognition.
It was gathered that officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps removed his corpse and took it to the morgue of an undisclosed hospital.
After the incident, there was heavy traffic at the scene with officials of FRSC and Civil Defense Corps, as well as the Police controlling it.
Mr Adakola Peters the Public Relations Officer of Nigerian Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) while confirming the incident, noted that officials of the Jos Electricity Distribution Company (JEDC) were already on ground to effect necessary repairs.