A final-year student electrocuted while installing solar panels

A final year student of Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Delta State who was said to be writing his final project on Thursday 19, October was electrocuted when he was installing solar panels on a building close to a commercial bank at the Warri Garage Area.

Witnesses who spoke on the condition of anonymity told newsmen that the high-tension wires linking a neighbouring commercial bank magnetized the ladder used by the student in climbing the roof he wanted to install the solar panels.

It was further gathered that a gallant passerby, who observed the ugly incident, rushed to rescue him with a long dry plank to hit the aluminum ladder and successfully detached the vibrating high-tension wires, to which the young man had been electrocuted and stuck unconsciously.

The deceased was immediately rushed to a nearby private clinic for treatment but reportedly gave up the ghost shortly after arrival.


However, the corpse of the late student has been reportedly laid to rest in his country home in one of the South-East states on Saturday, October 28, 2023.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.