Poor Nigerians To Receive Free Healthcare Insurance – Osinbajo

We learned that the present Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria had said that the Federal Government is working towards ensuring free medical care to the poor and less privilege.

He clarified that this is noted to be the next level project. The Vice President recently disclosed that the Federal Government is looking forward to making a free healthcare program where the government pays the premium for the poor.

In a recent statement made on Wednesday by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity,
He  said quoting Vice President Yemi Osinbajo saying ” this is the next agenda which the Federal Government is going to execute”

As the special guest of honour, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo spoke at the Invest Africa Forum which was hosted by the  Publishers of Africa’s report Magazines with its venue located  at Royal Society hall, London.

Osinbajo took several questions from the Publishers of Africa’s reports and the audience at large. When some questions were asked, he explained that the initial plan is to have a co-payment arrangement.

READ ALSO: Baby Boy Dies As Doctor Refuses To Commence Treatment

He maintained that the Federal Government would take payment of 40% bill which is noted to be the poorest segment after which the other 60% would be a compulsory payments for all formal and informal workers.

He added that most people who seek medical help pay out of pocket further stating that ”that is one of the numerous reason why Nigeria has poor medical indices at the moment”.

Further questions were asked with regards to the Petroleum bill, Osinbajo said that the bill has not presently been passed into law, but was hoping that it will be signed into law before the 8th assembly when the necessary amendments have been made.

However, after such comprehensive question and answer section with the Vice President, a dinner was held with the Vice President by the Invest Africa’s Forum.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.